About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Monday, 18 January 2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW ~ Robin Stevens #1 and PRIZE

Meet MG author, Robin Stevens who writes a series of crime books featuring her two school girl detectives: Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong. 
In today's interview post she talks about her own childhood and her writing research.





In our next post, Robin tells us more about her literary heroines and hero's, as well as her writing/ publishing schedule.

COMPETITION: For a chance to win a copy of one of her novels, make sure you're a follower of this blog and tell us in the comments below by the end of January 2016, which of her books you'd be most intrigued to read and why? 
Goodluck. See you tomorrow. 

LINKS


  Perhaps you have already read one of Robin's mysteries, or know a child who would like them? Do let us know in the comments below.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks Robin for agreeing to do this wonderful interview. Part #2 tomorrow. Madeleine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Thank you for a great interview! x

      Delete
  2. Hi Madeleine and Robin - what a lovely cheerful interview. Fascinating to find out how people started their writing careers ... and clever to tie all the loose ends into a satisfying murderous plot line for your two detectives. I read lots of Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh etc growing up ... and loved Maigret once it hit the tv!!

    Still the two detectives stand out .. and will inspire other readers to write and uncover plots .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary, Yes she's written some great stories and I've certainly learned lots about new authors, that you also mention, to get my teeth into with #2 of Robin's interview.

      Delete
  3. Pleasure to meet you, Robin! Your MG books sound like fun reads. Thanks for introducing us, Madeleine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thansk Emily. Yes it's been a pleasure hosting Robin. I hope you enjoy tomorrow's installment too.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the interview, Emily! Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Madeleine.

    I love the way this post was set up in easy to read, professionally done bites.

    Robin, sounds like you live your writing;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, lovely compliments. :O)

      Delete
  5. What a great interview Madeleine and Robin. The books look like great reads. I'm looking forward to part 2 tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview. I am a big fan of crime novels too. It is one of my favourite genres. Comfort reading (which makes me sound like a sick puppy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely comfort reads! I think they're very important to have - everyone needs them!

      Delete
  7. Congrats to Robin! A wonderful interview. The book sounds like so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Yes Robin's books are really great!

      Delete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.