About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Fleeting Haiku

Jenn has set us a Fleeting haiku challenge this week!

Traditional 5,7,5 syllable structure applied





 
Precious memories
Blotted out by Alzheimer’s
Now lost forever


17 comments:

  1. Excellent haiku. The last was poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely lovely haikus! thank you! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. They're all good, but the last is really powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bubble one! Wonderful haikus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very clever set of haikus. I particularly like the last one.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely take on the prompt word!! Great fleeting moments!! Gone in a mouthful and gone with a pop are enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those pictures recording the moments most of us miss! and fleeting memory makes me write everything down =)

    nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haiku Madeleine! The pics are icing on the cake, great shots!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madelaine...
    All of them Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last one is so sad. :( But I love the bubble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your set of haiku...the one on Alzheimer's I thoroughly understand...my mother had Alzheimer's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the soapy bubble. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last one brought a lump to my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely set of life's fleeting moments! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.