About Me

My photo

My Blog SCRIBBLE AND EDIT reflects my love of creative writing, design, literature and film. Check out my Poems & haiku, Romantic Flash Fiction; Blogfest Entries; Blog Awards and other prose and Flash Fiction. Do bear with me, as I will reciprocate with those genuine commenters on my blog.  BTW I sometimes withhold comments for challenges until later. Comments about the post are much appreciated. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!

The only SURE way for me to follow you back is if you leave a comment. However, if your Blog has a black background and white writing then it makes my eyes squiffy...

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Weary Haiku

This Week's theme: Weary
 hosted by Jenn at You Know that Blog




It's really too much
The effort is exhausting
He just can't go on.
 
Flat-out, exhausted
He's had an eventful day.
Harry Worth Squirrel.

 

A disturbed night's sleep
For this pea-hating princess
Stuff those mattresses!













Beautiful flowers
No longer in their full prime
Drooping wearily

17 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm exhausted myself. Must this go on? I'm wearisome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think that last one describes me :)

    What...I can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the squirrel!! My favourite!! Wonderful weary haikus!! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Harry Worth squirrel is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those were fabulous! i love illustrations accompanying words! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am exhausted. So, the haikus struck a chord with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn, I was just getting ready to go work out and now all I want to do is take a nap :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That squirrel cracked me up. The last haiku is my favorite of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first one made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. I love the squirrel!

    Great haikus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unique haikus. It looks to me like you're tired. :) or your subconscious is telling you something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This idea cracks me up. I love the first one especially.

    Shoulders sag
    heavy mind
    a nap beckons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That squirrel put me in the mood for a nap. Lovely haikus. Those flowers really do look tired.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good
    I particularly like the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Harry Worth Squirrel"! Hilarious :) Well done, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your haikus gave me tickles inside! Well-written.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bless you all, thank you.

    Tickles Gail? LOL! I'm glad they please you :O)

    ReplyDelete

Comments with heart are worth their weight in gold. Thank you.
Comments based on others' comments can lead to misunderstandings that spread like whispers!
COMMENTS MAY BE occasionally MODERATED and TAKE TIME TO APPEAR, Thank you.